- Mon, 06/09/2021 - 10:00-12:00: public presentation PhD Piet Bronders
The aim is to study and build a Doherty power amplifier which combines the output of 2 amplifiers in a clever way in order to obtain a more power efficient, greener RF power amplifier. This design puts less focus on the different classes of amplifiers to be used. The classical way of working is to combine a class AB and class C amplifier. Combining the 2 individual amplifiers is as such a challenge.
Hence, this thesis includes
- Study and design of a class AB and a class C RF amplifier using discrete GaN transistors (e.g. using the Cree Wolfspeed CG2H40010 transistor) and the professional RF PCB fabrication with Advanced Design Systems (ADS) software of Keysight,
- Combine the amplifiers into a Doherty amplifier architecture,
- Build and measure both the individual amplifiers and the (combined) Doherty amplifier.
- Measure the amplifiers’ performance using RF spectrum and network analyzers.